40. Commissioner Angela Melo took part in the following activities during the period under consideration in her capacity as Commissioner and Special Rapporteur on the rights of women in Africa.
41. From 12 - 16 February in Luanda, Angola, she participated in a Portuguese speaking camp on Human Rights during which she made a presentation on the Communications procedure of the African Commission, on the role of the special mechanisms of the Commission and the State periodic Report mechanism as well on the relationship with NGOs.
42. From 3 – 13 March in Washington D.C., USA, under the sponsorship of the Center for Human Rights of the University of Pretoria, South Africa, she led a mission to the Inter-American Human Rights Commission in her capacity as Chairperson of the Working Group on Specific Issues relative to the work of the African Commission.
43. From 3 – 5 May 2007 she took part at a brainstorming meeting organised by the Commission of the African Union in Maseru, the Kingdom of Lesotho.
44. From 9 - 10 May 2007 in Johannesburg, South Africa, she conducted a Training Course for the Portuguese speaking NGOs on the procedure for acquiring Observer Status and on the protection mandate of the African Commission.