72. Commissioner Reine Alapini-Gansou took part in numerous activities during the period under consideration in her capacity as Commissioner and Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders in Africa.
73. Hence, in her capacity as member of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights she participated in four workshops in Benin, in a Validation Workshop on the draft law on individuals suffering from mental disorders in Brazzaville, the Republic of the Congo on November 30 2006.
74. On 14 December 2006 she also took part in a Validation Workshop of a Policy Document related to the Education and Training of the Girl Child in Benin at the invitation of the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education and Professional Training of Benin.
75. As Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders in Africa she addressed the issue of the violations of human rights through appeals sent to several States. From 4 - 8 December 2006, she participated, in Gisenyi in Rwanda at a Consultative/Training workshop organized by the International Service on Human Rights in collaboration with the Great Lakes Human Rights League.
76. At the invitation of Government of Benin, she took part in the feedback Workshop on the Conclusions and Recommendations of the United Nations Commission on the Rights of the Child from 11 - 13 January 2007.
77. From the 6 - 12 February 2007, she was invited as a resource person to a workshop on the capacity building of the Human Rights Defenders in Kpalime, Togo.
78. She met with several State officials from Togo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda as well as African and international NGO partners such as the Carter Centre.
79. On 14 March 2007, she launched, in collaboration with Mr. Sidiki Kaba, President of the International Federation for the League of Human Rights (FIDH), the Report of the Human Rights Defense Observatory on the situation of the rights of Human Rights Defenders (joint programme of the FIDH and the World Organisations Against Torture) for the year 2006 in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
80. From 17 - 20 March 2007 in Algiers, Algeria, she participated in a sub-regional workshop on the integration of the Rights of Women in the Educational System.
81. From 24 - 30 March 2007 she undertook a working mission to Geneva with the support of the International Service for Human Rights. The objective of this mission was to participate in the session of the Human Rights Council and to meet my colleague from the United Nations.
82. She also took part in the training workshop of Human Rights Defenders in Kinshasa the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) from the 21 - 24 April 2007 organized by the International Service for Human Rights based in Geneva.
83. She also took part in the events preceding the 41st ordinary session of the Commission from 12 - 14 May 2007.