45. Commissioner Sanji M. Monageng undertook the following activities during the period under consideration.
46. On 21 February 2007, she presented a paper on “Trafficking in Children and Women” and the rights of these two groups, with specific relevance to equality before the law and equal protection of the law, at a Seminar for Investigators on the Child Act 2005, in The Gambia.
47. From 3 to 13 March 2007, she was part of a group of five representatives of the African Commission which visited the offices of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) in Washington, USA to observe how the IACHR discharges its promotion and protection mandate.
48. On 28 March 2007, she participated in a meeting held in Banjul, for the validation of the Draft Women’s Bill of the Republic of The Gambia. The Women’s Bill is the law that is meant to domesticate the Protocol on the Rights of Women into national legislation.
49. From 28 - 30 April, 2007 she took part in the Gambian Womens’ forum co- organized by the African Commission, in collaboration with the Women’s Bureau of the Republic of The Gambia and the University of The Gambia.
50. On May 2 2007, in Banjul, The Gambia, she attended an award given ceremony where Mrs Hannah Forster, Executive Director of the African Centre for Democracy and Human Rights Studies was given a “Woman of Courage Award” by the United States Government.
51. She also took part in the events which preceded the 41st ordinary session of the Commission in Accra, Ghana.