The Working Group on Specific
Issues Related to the Work of the African Commission was established by
Resolution 77, adopted by the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
at its 37th Ordinary Session which was held in Banjul, The Gambia
from 27th April to 11th May 2005. The Working Group was
created to deal with the following questions:
- review the Rules of Procedure of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights;
- deal with the mechanism and procedure on follow-up decisions and recommendation of the African Commission;
- deal with the structure of different reports of the African Commission;
- deal with the modalities for the establishment of a Voluntary Fund for Human Rights in Africa; and
- deal with the follow-up on the implementation of the recommendation of the Retreat of the African Commission in Addis Ababa of September 2003, the evaluation report on the work of the African Commission and the UPPSALA consultation of June 2004.
The mandate was renewed through Resolution 80 at the 38th Ordinary Session, resolution 127 of the 42nd Ordinary Session and resolution 150 of the 46th Ordinary Session.