- achpr18-agenda-1995-eng.pdf 86 kB2 pages
African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights
AGENDA OF THE EIGHTEENTH ORDINARY SESSION
2-11 October 1995 - Praia, Cape Verde
1. Opening Ceremony
2. Oath by the newly elected members of the Commission
3. Election of the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman of the Commission
4. Adoption of Agenda
5. Organization of Work
- Consideration of application for observer status;
- Relationship with observers and statements of the latter.
7. Consideration of periodic reports of the following Member States: Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, Tunisia8. Methods of work of the Commission:
- Consideration of amendments to the Rules of Procedure;
- Examination of Article 58 of the Charter.
9. Promotional activities:
- Activity Reports by Commissioners;
- Examination of extra-judicial executions;
- Report on the implementation of Resolution AHG/230 (XXX) on the establishment of an African Human Rights Court;
- Report on the 4th World Conference on Women (Beijing, 1995);
- Amendments of the guidelines on the preparation of the periodic States' reports;
- OAU participation in monitoring elections in Member States;
- Organization of forthcoming seminars and conferences;
- Publication of the review and the Newsletter of the Commission;
- Follow-up of the decisions and recommendations from the international conferences on Human Rights (the Vienna and Montreal Conferences);
- Prison conditions in Africa;
- Elaboration of the draft additional protocol on African Women's Rights
11. Administrative and Financial Matters:
- Report of the Chairman of the Commission;
- Report of the Secretary to the Commission;
- Implementation of the recommendations of the previous sessions;
- Draft Rules on contracts with consultants;
- Financing of the translation of summaries and periodic reports;
- Situation of the Documentation Centre of the Commission;
- Appraisal of the work of the Commission and its future prospects;
- Distribution of States between the members of the Commission for promotional activities.
12. Question concerning the Headquarters of the Secretariat of the Commission.13. OAU activities relevant to the Commission.
14. Date, place and agenda of the 19th Session.
15. Any Other Business Holding of extraordinary sessions.
16. Preparation of:
- Sessional Report;
- Final Communique.