- achpr19-agenda-1996-eng.pdf 87 kB2 pages
African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights
AGENDA OF THE NINETEENTH ORDINARY SESSION
26 March-4 April 1996 - Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
1. Opening Ceremony
2. Adoption of Agenda
3. Organization of Work
4. Adoption of the Report of 18th Ordinary Session, held in Praia, Cape Verde, 2-11 October 1995
5. Adoption of the Report of the 2nd Extraordinary Session (18-19 December, 1995, Kampala, Uganda)
- Consideration of applications for observer status;
- Relationship with observers and statements of the latter;
- Statements by State Delegates.
7. Consideration of periodic reports of the
8. Amendment to the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights;
9. Brainstorming on the setting-up of an early warning mechanism in case of massive human rights violations.
10. Promotional activities:
- Activity reports by Commissioners;
- Examination of the Report of the Special Rapporteur on Summary, Arbitrary, and Extra-judicial Executions;
- Report on the Implementation of Resolution AHG/Res.230 (XXX) on the Establishment of an African Human Rights Court;
- Human rights Situation in Africa;
- Amendments of Guidelines on the preparation of the Periodic Reports;
- Organization of forthcoming seminars and conferences;
- Publication of the Review and the Newsletter of the Commission;
- Follow-up of the decisions and recommendations from the International Conferences on Human Rights (the Vienna and Montreal Conferences as well as Beijing Conference on Women);
- Prison Conditions in Africa;
- Elaboration of the Draft Additional Protocol
on African Women's Rights.
11. Protective Activities.
12. Administrative and Financial Matters:
- Report of the Chairman of the Commission;
- Report of the Secretary to the Commission;
- Implementation of Recommendations of the Previous Sessions;
- Draft Rules on Contracts with Consultants;
- Financing the Translation of Summaries and Periodic Reports;
- Situation of the Documentation Centre of the Commission;
- Appraisal of the Work of the Commission and its Future Prospects;
- Celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the entry into force of the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights.
13. Question of the Headquarters of the Secretariat of the Commission.
14. Participation of the Commission in some activities of the OAU.
15. Date, Place and Agenda of the 20th Ordinary Session.
16. Any Other Business.
17. Preparation of: 9th Annual Activity Report; Sessional Report; Final Communique.