19th Ordinary Session: Agenda of the 19th Ordinary Session of the ACHPR
African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights
AGENDA OF THE NINETEENTH ORDINARY SESSION
26 March-4 April 1996 - Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
1. Opening Ceremony
2. Adoption of Agenda
3. Organization of Work
4. Adoption of the Report of 18th Ordinary
Session, held in Praia, Cape Verde, 2-11 October 1995
5. Adoption of the Report of the 2nd
Extraordinary Session (18-19 December, 1995, Kampala, Uganda)
- Consideration of applications for observer
- Relationship with observers and statements
of the latter;
- Statements by State Delegates.
7. Consideration of periodic reports of the
8. Amendment to the African Charter on Human
and Peoples' Rights;
9. Brainstorming on the setting-up of an
early warning mechanism in case of massive human rights violations.
10. Promotional activities:
- Activity reports by Commissioners;
- Examination of the Report of the Special
Rapporteur on Summary, Arbitrary, and Extra-judicial Executions;
- Report on the Implementation of Resolution
AHG/Res.230 (XXX) on the Establishment of an African Human Rights Court;
- Human rights Situation in Africa;
- Amendments of Guidelines on the
preparation of the Periodic Reports;
- Organization of forthcoming seminars and
- Publication of the Review and the
Newsletter of the Commission;
- Follow-up of the decisions and
recommendations from the International Conferences on Human Rights (the Vienna
and Montreal Conferences as well as Beijing Conference on Women);
- Prison Conditions in Africa;
- Elaboration of the Draft Additional Protocol
on African Women's Rights.
11. Protective Activities.
12. Administrative and Financial Matters:
- Report of the Chairman of the Commission;
- Report of the Secretary to the Commission;
- Implementation of Recommendations of the
- Draft Rules on Contracts with Consultants;
- Financing the Translation of Summaries and
- Situation of the Documentation Centre of
- Appraisal of the Work of the Commission
and its Future Prospects;
- Celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the
entry into force of the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights.
13. Question of the Headquarters of the
Secretariat of the Commission.
14. Participation of the Commission in some
activities of the OAU.
15. Date, Place and Agenda of the 20th
16. Any Other Business.
17. Preparation of: 9th Annual Activity
Report; Sessional Report; Final Communique.