25th Ordinary Session: Agenda of the 25th Ordinary Session of the ACHPR
African Commission on Human and Peoples'
AGENDA OF THE 25TH ORDINARY SESSION
- 5 May 1999 - Bujumbura, Burundi
Ceremony (public session)
of the Agenda (private session)
of work (private session)
Note of the Secretary on the activities of the Commission (public session)
5. Observers: (public session)
- Statements by State Delegates and guests.
- Co-operation between the Commission and
the National Human Rights Institutions.
- Relationship and co-operation between the
Commission and NGOs.
of Initial Reports :
- South Africa
- Burkina Faso
setting up of an Early intervention Mechanism in cases of massive human rights
violations (Public session)
Activities (public session).
- Activity report of the Chairman and Members of the Commission
- Examination of the report of the Special Rapporteur on summary, arbitrary and extra-judicial executions
- Examination of the report of the Special Rapporteur on prisons and conditions of detention in Africa
- Examination of the report of the Special Rapporteur on the rights of women in Africa
- Discussion of the Draft Additional Protocol to the African Charter on the Rights of Women (progress)
- Strategy for a quick ratification of the Additional Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights on the establishment of an African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights
- Situation of peoples with disability
- Organisation of Seminars and Conferences
- Human Rights situation in Africa
- Situation of indigenous people
- Situation of the African Child
- World Conference on Racism
- Situation of Human Rights Defenders in Africa
9. Review of some provisions of the African Charter in the light of the Protocol establishing the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights and mainly the issue of
incompatibility of the membership of the Commission.
10. Review and Newsletter of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
11. Protective Activities (private session)
- Consideration of the Mission report to Nigeria
- Consideration of communications
12. Administrative and financial matters (private session)
- Report of the Chairman
- Financial and administrative situation of the Secretariat
- The issue of the construction of the headquarters
- Participation of the Commission in certain activities of the OAU
13. Methods of work.
14. Evaluation of the Implementation of the Mauritius Plan of Action (public session).
15. Logo of the Commission.
16. Dates, venue and provisional Agenda for the 26th ordinary session.
17. Any other business.
- The session Report
- The Twelfth Annual Activity report
- The Final Communiqué
19. Adoption of the Session Report, the Twelfth Annual Activity and the Final Communiqué
20. Reading of the Final Communiqué and Closing ceremony.
21. Press Conference.