African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights
AGENDA OF THE 26TH ORDINARY SESSION
1-15 November 1999 - Kigali, Rwanda
1. Opening Ceremony (public session)
2. Oath by the newly elected members of the Commission (public session)
3. Election of the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson (private session)
4. Adoption of the Agenda (private session)
5. Organisation of work (private session)
6. Observers : (public session)
7. Consideration of Initial Reports (public session):
;8. The setting up of an Early intervention Mechanism in cases of massive human rights violations (public session)
9. Promotional Activities (public session).
10. Methods of work of the Commission (private session).
11. Evaluation and Implementation of the Mauritius Plan of Action and the role of the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights in the implementation of the Declaration and Plan of Action of the Grand Baie (Mauritius) (public session).
12. Review of some provisions of the African Charter in the light of the Protocol establishing the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights (private session).
13. Review and Newsletter of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (public session).
14. Protective Activities (private session): Consideration of communications
15. Administrative and financial matters (private session)
16. Logo of the Commission (private session).
17. Adoption of the report of the 25th session of the African Commission (private session).
18. Adoption of resolutions, recommendations and decisions (private session).
19. Dates, venue and provisional Agenda for the 27th ordinary session (private session).
20. Any other business (private session).21. Preparation of:
22. Adoption of the Session Report and the Final Communiqué (private session).
23. Reading of the Final Communiqué and Closing ceremony (public session).
24. Press Conference.