- achpr29-agenda-2001-eng.pdf 11 kB2 pages
AGENDA OF THE 29TH ORDINARY SESSION
23 April-7 May 2001 - Tripoli, Lybia
1. Opening Ceremony (public session).
2. Adoption of the Agenda (private session).
3. Organisation of work (private session).
4. Adoption of the Report of the 28 th Ordinary Session.
5. Observers: (public session).
- Statements by State Delegates and guests;
- Co-operation between the Commission and the National Human Rights Institutions;
- Consideration of applications for Affiliate status;
- Relationship and co-operation between the Commission and NGOs;
- Consideration of applications for observer status.
6. Consideration of States Reports (public session)
- Status of submission of Periodic Reports by States Parties;
- Periodic Report of Namibia;
- Periodic Report of Ghana;
- Periodic Report of Algeria;
- Initial Report of Congo (Brazzaville).
7. Promotional Activities (public session):
- Human Rights situation in Africa;
- Activity report of the Chairman and the Members of the Commission;
- Consideration of the report of the Special Rapporteur
on Extra -Judicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions;
- Consideration of the report of the Special Rapporteur on Prisons and Conditions of Detention in Africa;
- Consideration of the report of the Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Women in Africa;
- Situation of refugees and displaced persons in Africa;
- Situation of people with disability;
- Organisati on of Seminars and Conferences;
of Indigenous People/Communities;
- World Conference on Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance;
- Situation of Human Rights defenders in Africa;
- The African Charter on Human & Peoples’ Rights and the African Union.
8. Review and Newsletter of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (public session).
9. Protection Activities (private session): Consideration of Communications.
10. Administrative and financial matters (private session):
- Financial and administrative situation of the Secretariat;
- Construction of the Commission’s Headquarters;
- Participation of the Commission in certain activities of the OAU.
11. Methods of work of the Commission (private session).
12. Adoption of resolutions, recommendations and decisions of the 29th Session (private session).
13. Dates, venue and Provisional Agenda for the 30 th Ordinary Session (private session).
14. Any other business (private session).
15. Preparation of :
- The Session Report;
- The 14th Annual Activity Report ;
- The Final Communiqué;
- Adoption of the Session Report, 14th Annual Activity Report and the Final Communiqué (private session);
- Reading of the Final Communiqué and Closing ceremony (public session);
- Press Conference.
16. Adoption of the Session Report and the Final Communiqué (private session).
17. Reading of the Final Communiqué and Closing ceremony (public session).
18. Press Conference.