16. In line with his mandate as Chairperson of the Working Group on Older Persons and People with Disabilities in Africa, and in order to finalise the work already commenced in Ghana by experts of the Working Group, a meeting of members of the Working Group was organised in Mauritius from 9 to 11 September 2010.
17. The main objective of the meeting was to finalise the Draft Protocol on the Rights of Older Persons in Africa with a view to present it for consideration during the 48th Ordinary Session of the African Commission.
18. The meeting also mapped out strategies to finalise the draft Protocol on the Rights of People with Disabilities, with a view to finalise the same through the participation and collaboration of other stakeholders by 2011.
19. All the members of the Working Group attended this meeting, including the Chairperson of the ACHPR, member and Commissioner, Reine Alapini-Gansou, Mr. Papa Malick Fall, Mrs. Nadia Abdel-Wahab El-Afify and Dr. Tavengwa Nhongo.
20. Commissioner Yeung Sik Yuen is pleased to report that the meeting was able to finalize the draft Protocol on Older Persons in Africa and is am proud to announce that the final draft Protocol on Older Persons is ready in both English and French for adoption by this Commission.
21. Regarding the draft Protocol on People with Disabilities in Africa, the meeting decided that the draft submitted should be polished by Mr. Fall, in collaboration with one of the African Institutional stake holders involved with upholding the rights of peoples with Dissabilities. I am
equally pleased to state that substantial work has been done on this draft and hopefully it will be finalized in a very near future